Monday, March 25, 2013

Re-use Clear Plastic Containers

You pick up some donuts or even some blueberries and you have these clear plastic clam shell containers. Instead of tossing them in the recycle bin why not wash them and put them aside to use in the spring. I have found that these are fantastic mini-greenhouses for your future garden.

I put a little bit of dirt in them and then my seeds and water. None of them close completely and many of them already have drainage holes, so I close them up to keep a nice green house effect going.  When the moisture build up too much I open them for a few hours. I find that these are great to get the plants going and they keep the bugs and birds from picking at your seedlings.



The Great Spam Project - A blog all about Spam (the email type, not the edible)
Ghost of a Writer - My Personal Blog
Killer Teacup - My Online Portfolio

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment